Used Shipping Containers
SEA Containers NZ offers a wide range of used shipping containers for sale or hire, ranging from refurbished units suitable for both export and domestic storage to containers appropriate for farm and construction uses.
Used Shipping Containers for Sale
Our used container sales team can organise the supply of quality second-hand containers ranging from 10 to 40 feet in length, and varying in height from 2.6 metres (standard height) to 2.9 metres (high cube height).
The price of used shipping containers is dependent on the condition and intended use of the unit, so talk to the experts at Sea Containers NZ to organise the right freight container hire or purchase to suit your requirements.
Alongside our premium ‘A Grade’ new shipping containers for sale, SEA Containers offers used New Zealand shipping containers in the both B and C grades.
Our high-quality B grade containers comprise of the best condition units in our 2nd-hand shipping container range.
B grade containers were previously used for shipping goods around the globe.
- Structurally sound and in good overall condition, these containers may contain minor dents, dings, light surface rust and signs of repair work.
- The floor may also show signs of wear including stains and repair patches.
- Guaranteed 100% watertight and windproof.
- Cargo ready, these used freight containers can be exported once updated with a valid CSC plate.
- Our range of used 20ft and 40ft shipping containers for sale include units ideally suited for container modification or storing high-value household and personal goods.
- Sea Containers can install a lock box at your request or other additions such as doors, windows or even re-painted containers to suit the outside of nearby buildings.
Our C grade containers comprise of inexpensive second-hand shipping containers supplied in ‘as-is’ condition.
- These containers may display considerable signs of wear including dents, external surface rust and visible signs of repair.
- C Grade used freight containers are ideal for farm and business uses such as storing machinery and event equipment.
- Containers are still guaranteed 100% windproof and watertight.
- Containers supplied unpainted, but can be painted and have lock box installed at customer request.
Alongside standard 40ft and 20ft shipping containers, we also stock a large range of special-purpose used freight containers for sale including:
- Used 20ft and 40ft refrigerated containers for sale and hire. These used or refurbished refrigerated freight containers (reefers) are available at our depots throughout New Zealand.
- Second-hand side opening containers and double ended door units.
- Containers suitable for dangerous goods storage.
- 8’, 10’ used sea containers or any length you require, such as 14′ or even 30′ long units.
- Used open top containers.
- Flatracks or bases.
The Container Safety Convention (CSC) is the internationally adopted health and safety criteria, used to ensure the safety of all those involved in the handling of containers. Valid CSC plates are required for any shipping containers that are being used for ocean voyage transport purposes.
Under the widely utilised Periodic Examination Scheme (PES), all new containers receive a CSC valid for a period of 5 years. At the expiry of this period, used freight containers can have their CSC extended by a maximum of 30 months from the inspection date.
SEA Containers ‘B grade’ used and refurbished shipping containers can be fitted with CSC plates at a customer’s request, valid for a standard 12 months (longer periods can be requested but is subject to container condition).