40ft Container Dimensions
A 40ft shipping container is a popular container type generally used in international shipping, self-storage and home modification. One of the advantages of these storage container sizes is they offer a greater cubic capacity than 20ft containers.
The interior and exterior dimensions of our 40ft units are:
Note: Measurements and shipping container dimensions may vary by manufacturer.
Types of 40ft Containers
At SEA Containers, besides general-purpose shipping containers, we also sell specialist equipment.
- A refrigerated shipping container features a self-powered cooling system to transport and store perishable cargo, such as fresh produce or frozen goods.
- High cubes have an extra 30cm of vertical space than standard containers for transporting extra-tall freight.
- Insulated containers ship cargo that must maintain consistent ambient temperatures.
- Flat racks support heavy shipments such as vehicles or machinery.
- Dangerous goods shipping containers ensure secure transportation of flammable materials such as gas bottles, fertilisers and paint thinners.
- Side-opening containers feature side doors for easy access.
- Open-tops feature end doors providing loading and unloading flexibility.
Contact SEA Containers NZ today for a quote or to find a container for sale or hire, that’s suited to your needs. Email the team at [email protected], or call 0508 732266 today.