20ft Shipping Container Dimensions
The 20ft shipping container is the most common size of all shipping container sizes. This container type is suited for secure, static storage and domestic and international shipping.
The interior and exterior dimensions of our 20ft shipping containers are:
Note: Measurements may vary slightly between shipping container manufacturers.
A 20ft new or second-hand container is a common type used for a wide range of applications, such as equipment storage and home modifications. Shipping containers are wind- and water-proof with lockable doors providing easy access to load and unload cargo.
- Refrigerated containers, or ‘reefers’, are suitable to ship temperature-controlled products.
- A high-cube container’s internal dimensions include an additional 30cm of vertical space than standard containers.
- Insulated containers store materials at a consistent ambient temperature.
- Flat-racks are ideal for transporting oversized or heavy cargo weight.
- Dangerous goods units transport hazardous freight such as gas bottles, petroleum and paint thinners.
- Side-opening containers feature side doors to make loading and unloading easier. A full roof protects the shipment from the elements.
- An open-top unit features a removable tarpaulin roof and end doors.